The Procurement Services department is responsible for the acquisition of campus goods and services. The department strives for continuous improvement in processes and practices to maximize value, minimize university risk and promote environmental stewardship in support of the university’s mission of teaching, research, and public service.
一道本不卡免费高清Procurement Services’ goal is to drive best practices in sustainable procurement while delivering the best values in goods and services to the university.
- Incorporated sustainability specifications and evaluation criteria into local contracting processes;
- Implemented sustainable campuswide standard contracts for furnishings, equipment, supplies, and services focused on environmentally preferable characteristics from the raw material acquisition in manufacturing through the entire life cycle;
- Presented sessions on “Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP),” “EPP Best Practices” and “Toxic-Use Reduction” to other UC campuses, institutions, and community groups;
- Hosted three strategic vendor fairs focused on sustainable products and services;
- Initiated a “Building Local Partnerships” event co-hosted by UC Merced Purchasing and the local Greater Chamber of Commerce, with participation by five other public agencies/institutions aimed at fostering relationships with local businesses; and
- Managed the bid process through the final contract award and negotiation of campus solar photovoltaic project.
Visit the Procurement Services website一道本不卡免费高清 for more information.